5/26/22

The Slippery Slope

The vacation weight continues to come off and I was down 2 pounds this week.  



My plan on Tuesday was to keep that ball rolling as I anxiously awaited my employee weigh-in the following Tuesday.  Of course…life doesn’t always go according to plan!  We were due to celebrate Hailey’s 18th birthday and I had planned to use alllll of my weekly points for pizza and cheesecake.  Tuesday I met up with a couple WW members to organize our upcoming group walking schedule.  Lunch was tracked and all looked good.  Tuesday evening we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner as we had a free appetizer that needed redeemed before the end of the month.  No problem!  I pre-tracking my dinner including 19 points for 1/4 of a cactus blossom appetizer.  Later that night, the plan got more difficult.


I’m not sure if it was the large amount of points or the what triggered it but later that night I was rummaging through the pantry eating mixed nuts.  That turned into eating chips and queso before finally wrapping it up and calling it a day…so may points over my original plan.


Wednesday didn’t go much better.  Despite pre-tracking pizza and cheesecake it was Tuesday on repeat.  I ate more than I planned and also had some alcohol.  Ugh, even more points consumed.  Welcome to the Slippery Slope.


I am back on track today and I’ve prepared and tracked all my food for work tonight.  I am working straight through to Monday night and I’ll face the sale on Tuesday for my employee weigh-in regardless of what the number says.  I’m not sure if it was self sabotage or what cased the spiral of all the high point foods, most of which were not worth it.  


It feels good to be back on track.  I’m determined to make the rest of this week successful. 




No comments: