5/19/22

Weekly WI: Working Off Vacation Weight

The days past so fast and are so busy I can’t keep track of it all.  What day is it again?  I am well overdue for a Weekly Weigh-In Post.


My weight was up eight pounds post cruise vacation.  I don’t ever get on the scale when I get home from vacation because frankly, I don’t need that type of negativity in my life.  My usual routine is to back to healthy eating and exercise, which we are usually active on vacation, and then wait it out until the next weigh-in (depending on when we return home).  I went to see a doctor about my “bad hip” and back problems and figuring I’d be put on the scale, I weighted myself at home so I was prepared.  Welp, they didn’t weigh me at the doctor’s office.  Oh well.  As least I know I had eight pounds (plus some with the extra weight gain I’ve been struggling kick) to lose.


I had a bit of a struggle upon return from this trip as I was dealing with some extended family drama and stress/sadness eating.  I was back on track officially Saturday and all in all, I was still up for my Weekly WI but down as far as post-vacation.





I am still over 200 pounds but I am glad to still have hung onto my 100 pound lost and am still in the 100 pound club.  Now, to get back to Onedarland.  I also have an employee weight-in to be accountable for this month sometime in the next two weeks.


Anyway…busy is the name of the game.  Our overtime is just a lot right now and two WW workshops plus a 40 hour work week has been kicking my booty.  Not to mention I am now juggling physical therapy twice a week for my back AND hosting a graduation party for Hailey on Saturday.  Whew.  Is it nap time yet?


The “House Husband” (did I share with you all Kenyon quit his job back in December?) helped out a ton in getting the outside ready for Saturday and I tackled the deep cleaning inside as well as working on the other party related items.  I repurposed our outdoor Vivid Lights advertisement sign into a graduation sign for party guests who have not been to my house.  I also got some balloons from the dollar store to tie on them.  




Today we have major winds but Saturday should be a nice day for a party.


What else?  I had a great single day off spent with my parents.  We met at the outdoor range go Kenyon and my Dad could test out some of their firearms.  We went to lunch at the Mexican restaurant in Marsing followed by wine tasting at Fujishin Winery.  It was a really enjoyable today.  Today, I met with my friend Melody for a bite of lunch at a downtown spot I enjoy, Big City Coffee.  It was wonderful to have some downtime before my OT shift catching up with a friend.




And with that…off to work…

No comments: