6/25/22

Confessions Part X: I Have A Cruise Buying Problem - But It's A Good Problem To Have

Did I share with you all that I am currently booked on four different cruises?  Let me rewind and tell you how this all transpired.

When cruising started back up in 2021, I started following several cruise vloggers on You Tube.  Mostly it was to gain insight on what to expect but over time, I really enjoyed watching their travels and following along.  I also use this as research for what certain ships are like, ports, pre and post cruise cities, and everything else travel related.  The main travel couple I enjoy following in Jason and Alisa with EECC Travels.  Through their website, I learned of Group Cruises and specifically a BIG Vlogger Cruise Extravaganza where many of the You Tube vloggers I have been following will be in attendance.  I asked Kenyon if we could book it and after says yes, I invited along some friends and their significant others to join us.  This is a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise through Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) in January 2023 that leaves out of New Orleans.  We have never visited New Orleans and plan to fly over a few days earlier.

Here is our itinerary:

At Sea

Costa Maya, Mexico

Harvest Caye, Belize

Roatan Bay Islands, Honduras

Cozumel, Mexico

At Sea

 


My best gal pal Dawny really wanted to go on a cruise.  After looking around at some West Cost options, we found a great deal through Carnival Cruise Line where she could cruise solo and I could still bring The Hubs along.  Since Carnival is so inexpensive, Kenyon and I were able to book an aft balcony at prices I’ve never seen so low.  In May 2023, we will be on a 4 Day Baja Mexico cruise that leaves out of Los Angeles/Long Beach.  We have not visited Long Beach before but plan to fly in the morning of the cruise after possibly spending a night or two in Las Vegas.

Here is our itinerary:

Catalina Island

Ensenada, Mexico

At Sea

 

That is how I found myself booked on two cruises.  I’ve never cruised Carnival, so I am excited to see the differences.  I am also excited for the dining options aboard their fleet.  Sadly, unlike NCL, Carnival does not include the drink package.

 


Carnival sent me an insider email that had my poking around to see what I could book in October 2022, time off I was saving for a possible NCL West Coast cruise which was similar ports as we could be visiting with Dawny in 2023.  OMG the prices were ah-mazing.  Again, Carnival is waaaaaaay cheaper than NCL so I’m not sure what the catch is.  But, I took the bait hook-line-and sinker and I am not booked on four separate cruise ships.  In October 2022, we will do a side-by-side cruise on two different Carnival cruise ships out of Miami.  We will fly down a few days early and have secured a hotel on Miami Beach.  We will first sail a 4 Days Western Caribbean cruise. 

Here is our itinerary:

Key West

Cozumel, Mexico

Day at Sea

 

Upon arrival in Miami, we board a different Carnival cruise ship docked in Miami for a second 4 Day Bahamas cruise.

Here is our itinerary:

Princess Cays – Carnival’s Private Island

At Sea

Nassau, Bahamas

 

To say I am excited is an understatement.  It is all a big waiting came for cruise day to arrive.  I mean, it isn’t like I’m counting down or anything!

 


We may have to shift our travel plans in October if Kenyon can secure some work.  But, until then, I can dream about my next vacation which is really what gets me through the workdays. 




No comments: