6/23/22

Weekly WI: A Loss & Girls Day Out

When I checked in on my home scale Tuesday, I was elated to see a loss.  Thank you WW Gods!  It was a tiny loss but so happy the scale did not go up.

 


Being back in the 200s is still rough but I am feeling less bloat than I was earlier in the week so I’m hoping a step in the right direction.  I will also be working Wednesday through Monday this week and it keeps me accountable with my food.  That will definitely help.  I am determined to make this a great week and at the end of it, I will be getting on the “official scale” for my employee weigh-in.

I’m starting to think that I might need to start stepping on the scale at the WW studio each week so that my WW manager can see my whole month’s progress and not just a snapshot of the one week I complete my employee weigh-in.  This will hopefully relieve some of the stress.  I plan to work hard on my weight loss and health goal including accountability to tracking and weighting/measuring while also getting in intentional exercise and ramping up the intensity. 

I had a pre-planned high point day and a Girls Day Out with Phoenix on Tuesday.  After my WW workshop, we met up at her work and her boyfriend dropped us and our bikes off at Harris Ranch.  We shared a sandwich and chips at Lemon Tree Co. along with a beer from The Stil.  Our plan was to bike along the greenbelt stopping at places along the route.

 


Or first stop was Flatbread Neapolitan Pizza for a beer in Bown Crossing.  From there we biked to The James, a whiskey bar on Broadway.  I had a delicious gin cocktail and we shared the meatballs offered on the happy hour menu.  We continued on the greenbelt to Cottonwood Grill for happy hour where we invited Danielle as she was just getting off work.  I tried a huckleberry cider from Edge Brewing Company and we shared a hummus and pita plate.  Kenyon and Stacey joined us there as they were our ride home.  We said goodbye to Danielle and the four of us drove to Cali 75 Street Tacos in downtown Boise for their happy hour nachos, burritos, and really cheap beer.

It was a fun day, and I am so thankful Phoenix was able to take a half day off work.  We are used to her having summers off as she had been working in the cafeteria at the charter school where her children attend.  She got a “real job” after graduating with her degree at Boise State and now works a Monday – Friday 8-5 job.  She decided we needed at least a mid-day day drinking adventure and the 8-mile bike ride was an added bonus!

No comments: