6/9/22

Weekly WI: It's A Doozy

I did not mean to leave this space vacant for so long.  I sometimes feel as though there is not enough hours in the day and the days just fly by so quickly.  I keep thinking things will slow down and here we are…over a week later and this space is empty.

Let’s rewind…

I didn’t post a Weekly Weigh-In two weeks because it was a very sad, sad, sad one.  Earlier in the week I had checked in with my home scale and things looked good for my May employee weigh-in as well as wrapping up the month in general.  I have no clue why but the scale popped back up showing another month with another gain. 

 


The home weigh-in was down but the overall monthly weigh-in was up.  What is really hard to stomach is that at my employee weigh-in I was 200.0 pounds.  OOF!  I was feeling a bit down on myself but continued to remind myself that I worked off a good chuck of the vacation gain from our cruise.  We also went out of town for a quick visit with my in-laws in New Mexico following my weigh-in/scale check-in/200 pound mark.  I’d like to say that I was disciplined…but I was not.

 

I am on track following vacation and boy does it feel good.  I’ve realized more and more how much better I feel when the scale is closer to 190 than 200.  I constantly remind myself that if I get on track AND STAY ON TRACK that I will feel better.

Other good news is that I don’t have a vacation scheduled for 14 weeks.  This gives me time to really dig deep and focus on my weight loss and health.  I’m wrapping up four weeks of physical therapy on my back and it feels a lot better.  I am anxious for the rest of me to feel better too.

I had an epiphany during one of my weekly workshops.  The technique is on portion control which seemed so boring.  I realized how sloppy I have been with my measuring/weighing so I am also working on that goal this week.

I skipped the scale on Tuesday since I was not ready to weigh-in after our NM vacation.  As I said above, I was not very disciplined with my food and sugar indulgences.  I didn’t take many photos this trip as it wasn’t really a vacation just a visit with family.  We flew to Phoenix, AZ and drove to New Mexico as it was cheaper both flights and rental car.  We have made the drive once before and I remembered this gentleman’s club with a cow on top of the sign.  When I spotted it, I made Kenyon pull over so I could take a photo.

 


The things you find in the small down of Star Valley, AZ.

 

No comments: