1/12/23

Weekly WI: 16 Years With Weight Watchers

 It is 16 years this month that I signed up for Weight Watchers and lost over 100 pounds.


Last month was a doozie and I am not alone.  The holidays were rough and sugar/treats were all over the workplace.  Despite my semi-best effort to try and white knuckle it, I caved multiple times.  Finally, I faced the music and two weeks ago stepped on the scale.  Week after week, my members inspire me so I also held myself accountable.  I gained 3.4 pounds and promptly lost 3.6 pound this week.  I’m floored!




What worked last week:


Meal planning/prepping - I planned out our meals which helped me stay accountable and on track.  It also gave me leftovers to eat during the workday thus keeping me on track.


Re-starting a regular exercise routine - I tried not to get too wrapped up into how many minutes or how intense it was but instead, just focused on getting into a routine again.


Tracking - I had to continue to remind myself that I didn’t need to be perfect.  When I learned one night would be family dinner at the pizza restaurant, I pivoted and planned lower point meals for work so I had the points to enjoy pizza while also knowing I wouldn’t be earning a blue dot.


I have a bunch of new coworkers as we are training several employees.  Unlike others, some of whom have been on my WW journey with me from the beginning don’t know anything about my story.  I keep getting asked by one particular employee if I eat healthy all the time.  This has come up twice in a conversation.  The first time I let her know I was a Weight Watchers member/coach and had lost over 100 pounds.  The second time she asked, I pulled up my blog photos and shared my before pictures.







It has quite the impact for sure.  The more I live this life on the other side of weight loss, the success story side, the easier it is to remember those morbidly obese days.  What I do know time and time again is that just a few pound weight gain can make all the difference so it is important for me to get a handle on it ASAP!


No comments: