1/24/23

Weekly WI: January 2023 In The Books

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday.  


I’m about to wrap up my work life so I can enjoy the days ahead which include exploring a new city, basking in sunshine, spending time relaxing, drinking all the adult beverages, and having great time with my friends.  


My Weekly WI is not what I had hoped for before leaving town on a food and alcohol-filled vacation.  I’ve spent time this morning taking a step back to look at the bigger picture so I can gain some positive perspective.





I am wrapping up the first month of 2023 looking forward to an awesome week ahead. 



 

Over the course of the last seven years, I am actually 5.2 pounds heavier than this time in 2014 and when I look at the same timeframe from each year, I am consistently lower than I was the year before.  That my friends is what we call progress. 




In January of 2014, we had just returned from a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands and when I look back at those photo memories, I remember feeling like I was struggling with my weight gain but still happy I was under 200 pounds.  I feel the same way today.  I am still really happy I am under 200 pounds and if I wasn’t about to go out of town, I’d not be stressing it.  I guess I don’t even want to use the word “stressing” because really it isn’t.  The stress of knowing I’ll come back from vacation with a sizable gain is what weighs down my brain.  Again, it is all about how you look at the perspective and really…who cares!  I’m about to embark on a vacation that will be tons of fun and why live life if you aren’t going to have fun??


The entire journey is just that…a journey.  There are awesome parts of any journey, sad parts, and even stressful parts.  What you make of it is what really counts.  So, if you are stressing over something, I encourage you to step back, look at the big picture, and find ways to add a little fun in.  You only get one life to live.  Make it a good one.

No comments: