6/17/23

Weekly WI: A Late Check-In

It’s Fri-Yay!  I can’t too excited per se because technically it is my work week.  However, I’ve some fun on the agenda this weekend that means less days at work.  WhoooHoooo!

 

My weekly weigh-in was great for my home scale but not so great for the official scale.  I was down 1.6 pounds after staying focused on earning seven blue dots last week and limiting my social outings.  I had expected when I stepped on the “official” scale for my employee weigh-in I’d be close to where I was at my last weight-in as the scale at home was 0.2 pounds higher than my last employee weight record.  Nope!  The scale was up over 2 pounds.  It was super deflating but overall, it doesn’t diminish all the hard work I put in last week.

 


This week has been full of social outings and splurges with more set to come.  I have already decided I will skip the scale this week but also not let that deter my focus for the day I have control over what I consume.  I am working on finding ways I can squeeze in healthy foods among all the indulgences. 


On Tuesday, Phoenix and I had our annual bike-about where we ride along the greenbelt and stop at various restaurants and breweries.  We also stayed overnight at a hotel close to the greenbelt.  Our first stop was Lost Grove Brewing.  I have not been other than one time and they now serve pizza, which was delicious!  We shared a pizza and draft lunch special along with a second draft, so we had one each and enjoyed the patio weather.

 




Our next stops were Matlack’s and Woodland Empire, which were located next to each other.  Woodland Empire won for best beer!  Sadly, Phoenix spilled it but…it was delicious what we were able to enjoy.





We biked back to the hotel to meet Kenyon, who had to check us in as we were using his hotel reward for the night and invited him and Stacey to join us at Barbarian Brewing.  I wanted to take part in their Kolsh night and they had a food truck serving German food. 

 


The Kolsh was good but at $3 for each tiny pour, it wasn’t the best deal.  Kenyon and I shared some mac and cheese with a bratwurst and then we moved along to JUMP to listen to the live music.  We ended our night at The Warehouse, a new meeting space in downtown Boise.  Kenyon and I shared a meat and side plate from Neighbor Tim’s BBQ and had the best brisket which had zero fat and all deliciousness.

 

The following morning Phoenix and I hikes part of Table Rock, oh how I don’t miss that hike, but I am glad she encouraged us to go, before we showered and changed to check out of the hotel.  We went to Zee’s Rooftop for lunch with amazing views of downtown Boise.

 



We settled at a nearby paid parking lot and walked around downtown.  We started at Bardenay for a prickly pear margarita.

 


Then eventually to Boise Brewing for 2 for 1 beer as part of our Beer Buddies membership and where we ended the 24 hours of fun.

 


On Thursday I met up with Rebecca for a long overdue visit at a new place MJ’s Italian Ice and Custard.  Oh man it was delicious and surprisingly the Italian ice was not super sweet.  We will be back.

 




Saturday I am volunteering at a beer festival and I am super stoked to pour beer for 2.5 hours before I drink beer as my reward!

 

 

No comments: