6/29/23

What The Heck! How Have I Been Gone So Long?

Good Morning.


I got into my blog yesterday to look over my old Hawaii vacation posts as my friend are headed to Hawaii on Monday.  I was embarrassed to see how long it has been since I have been in my space on the World Wide Web.  It has been busy.  Busy at work.  Busy socially.  Busy in general.  I kept thinking I’d get a blog post published and sadly, it didn’t happen.  So please, forgive my absence.




So, what has been happening in my neck of the woods?  It was a packed social calendar last week and after skipping the scale my two week check-in was not good.  I met up with my parents and some friends at a local bar for $3 beer, which isn’t the best idea before weigh-in.  I also picked up Panda Express on my way home so that was strike two.  Cosuming beer and Chinese food the day before you step on the scale is a bad idea.  But, I got on the scale.  I am hoping some of the large gain is temporary but I also know that social food and drink last week also contributed.  With the scale continuing to climb, I must take action ASAP!


This week I have been focused on a commitment to tracking and specifically managing my social outings this week.  I have spent a lot of points the last two days but it is all tracked and I feel successful with a lunch dining out experience that went really great yesterday.  That shows me that I can do this and I must really focus on being accountable to my WW program




I don’t want to keep going up on the scale.  I remember what that felt like and I have no desire to go there again.  I feel it and I know you can see it.  I have not been connected to my program as a member and I desperately need an in person workshop.  I am so limited as to which I can attend with my work schedule.  I plan to explore some virtual options.  


I think I am also a little depressed.  I’ve been letting the FOMO (fear of missing out) get to me with a lot of recent and upcoming retirements at work.  I am just feeling down in the dumps and left out of all the fun to be had when retirement comes.  But, it isn’t my turn so I need to snap out of it and re-focus on what I need to do now instead of daydream of what I want to do in the future. 




No comments: