7/11/23

Weekly WI: A Nice Surprise

Despite having a bum knee all week, I managed to pull a 0.8 pound loss for the second week in a row.  I tell ya, I almost didn’t step on the scale today and was just holding my breath the gain wasn’t more than a pound.  What a 180!  Two weeks ago I was a little deflated as such a small loss after all the effort I put in towards my WW program.  This week, after the same size loss was achieved, I feel amazing.  It is so funny how that happens and perspective plays such a huge part.


I never updated my end of the month weight tracker for June.  As you can see, this year I’ve been climbing up the continually each month.




That is NOT the patch I want to take and the time to take action is NOW.  We are taking this month about how to protect your progress as we are now half way through the year.  I’m pretty sure last year June was my turning point and it will be again this year.  Next year, I better get a handle on this sooner.  But, no need to dwell in the past or focus on the future.  The time is now to make the changes needed to bring the scale back down to a more comfortable number and also so my clothes fit and look better.  I am starting to feel my mid-section again.




Oh yeah, my knee.  Last Wednesday, my right knee was hurting me before I went to bootcamp class.  I figured it was from the up/down and movement on the ladder and such when hanging our outdoor patio blinds.  Well, bootcamp class made it worse and I’ve been down with a swollen and painful knee all week.  A few days ago I was really worried but as the swelling continues to come down and with as much rest as possible, I know it is improving.  The plan is to take this week off exercise.  Maybe not the whole week but at least these next few days where I am off work to rest, elevate, and apply ice to hopefully not prolong any further problems.  I’ve had problems from time to time with my knee but this was the worst and I do not want it to get really bad.


I have two social events on the calendar this week.  I am working now to make a plan on how to balance it all.  I will be continually reminding myself that it is just two meals out, not two full days.  I can do this and after two weeks of losses, I am determined to have a third week.  I will continue to piggy back this success as I watch the scale come back down before our Ireland trip.  


10 weeks to go…

No comments: