7/29/23

Intentional

I have been focused on intentional tracking this week.

 




I and am excited to report I’ve earned a blue dot each day since Tuesday.  My tracking game is strong this week.

 


Here is what has contributed to my success, especially when it comes to social situations.


I have taken a liking to non-alcoholic beer.  At first, it felt like an alternative to my beloved craft brew, and I just couldn’t get behind it.  Now, I chose to view it as a way to enjoy a beer or two mid-week while also reducing the points value.  It also is a great way to get your “fix” of that beer taste without the intoxication.  So far, my favorite is Athletic Brewing.  I recently picked up the hazy IPA but found this more IPA and less hazy, so I won’t be buying it again.  My favorite is the golden.  I am hoping I can find the dark beer somewhere in my area.  I also see they have a Weissbier that I’d like to try.


 

I was able to navigate my social outings with that new-WW-member mentality!  On Tuesday, a group of coworkers went to see the Barbie movie.  It was at a 21+ venue that served food and alcoholic beverages.  I had a late lunch after running errands but was also prepared with an abundance of daily points plus all my weeklies if needed.  When we arrived at the theater, I wasn’t hungry, so I skipped the popcorn, food, and alcohol (who am I??) and had a Coke Zero instead.  I went home afterwards and made a healthy dinner that easily earned me a blue dot.  Oh, and I had a non-alcoholic beer too.

 

Thursday I was out and about with errands from noon until it was time to meet friends at The 112 in Nampa for music bingo.  I made myself a zero-point lunch and packed low point snacks to keep me satisfied and ward off hunger.  I didn’t 100% know the plan as we had never been to this venue.  I enjoyed two beers during bingo and since the others had eaten, I decided to continue towards home.  I called The Hubs and while I wanted to talk myself into all sort of eating out ideas, he suggested Panda.  That made it super easy to plan, track, and gave me extra accountability towards my WW plan.  The bonus is even with the beers, I still earned a blue dot!


 

Lastly, I am patting myself on the back for yesterday.  We had a retirement party for our beloved DeLisa, who is retiring from dispatch with a 25+ year career.  We planned pepperoni pizza, Crumbl cookies and Caesar salad.  I pre-tracked one slice of pizza, salad, and ¼ of a cookie.  It was hard to stay the course when in the thick of the event, but I followed my plan.  I also did not partake in cake and ice cream when some troopers popped in late in the day to say their goodbyes.  The biggest challenge was my drive home.


I was tired, hopped up on sugary cookie and pizza goodness and not wanting to think about what to make for dinner.  I had maybe planned a head a little and already had chicken thawing in the fridge for shake-n-bake.  Before I knew it, I had a healthy meal on the table in no time.  We also had corn on the cob.

 


I made my return to the gym this week after nursing an injured knee.  It felt good to be back and I took it easy as to not reinjure myself.  I made intentional activity choices this week including a walk outdoors on Tuesday before my WW workshop and on Friday after I got home from work.  Today I plan to use the bike pedal/elliptical at work.  I think I’ll split it up into a couple sessions so I can get double the activity and closer to completing my Apple Watch Activity Goal for July.

No comments: