10/26/22

Weekly WI: Birthday Edition

 Yesterday I turned 43.



It has been a fabulous time thus far and I look forward to more celebrating with friend this weekend.  Yesterday I had some unexpected overtime at work which started my birthday very early.  I also worked at my WW Workshop.  Before I left the house, I checked in with the home scale but opted to skip the “official” scale since I had been awake for many hours and had already eaten and drank my coffee.  I was very happy to be down 1.8 pounds.




This week will be a challenge as it is birthday two-for-one week and also social time with family and friends.  I am planning to skip the scale next week but I will work on balance this week and stick to my points where I can but enjoy the indulges when they arise.  


For my actual birthday, we meet my parents and my brother at Dos Caminos for Mexican food.  Just as we lit the candles on the cake, staff came to sing to me.  It was so sweet.  Afterwards, we met up with Phoenix and Stacey for a beer (okay, two beers) at Cresent Brewery.  I love their pumpkin beer!



We arrived to live music from The L+J Experience along with Lee Brice on the trumpet.  There was a small group of patrons and a lively group at that.  Coming in the door after the show started caused some of the rowdy to act up and make the night even more fun.  I even got my own trumpet birthday solo by Lee Rice.  Such a great guy.





My sister Jenny had flowers delivered to my front door from 1-800-flowers.  It was a beautiful fall bouquet that went well with the flowers Kenyon got me so I mixed and matched them. 





In the box with the flowers was also this sun catcher.  I love it!





More fun to come this weekend.

No comments: