11/23/22

Weekly WI: Ready For Turkey Day

Good Morning.  Happy Thanksgiving Eve.

 

I had an awesome weigh-in this week and was thrilled to see the scale go down.  I had been feeling really good about my week and was hoping I’d see the unexpected gain drop off.  Whew.

 


Now, this week is a challenge.  With Thanksgiving and a beer event this week, plus some social activities yesterday, I will be lucky if I can keep the weekly budget out of the negatives.

 


Speaking of budget, I love my new daily budget of 23.  It really gives me a lot of flexibility and I don’t have to rely on those ZeroPoint grains.  I do still love my grains and still eat them, but I have also been looking up new recipes to try to shake things up.  I think that is why last week was so successful.  It feels exhausting at times to plan so much but the outcome is worth it.  I have about 10 weeks until our cruise so I need to keep working to bring that scale down.

 

On Tuesday after my WeightWatchers workshop, I met Kenyon for lunch at Meltz.  We just can’t get enough, and I am so glad to see they are busy and thriving!  I had a half Simpleton and Kenyon had a full Chicken Barby Blue, their newest creation.  I took half of one if his halves and gave him half of mine.  I love their chips.  Mmmmmm…..

 




I ran some errands (the stores weren’t too scary with the upcoming Turkey Day meal prep) and ended up at the realtor groups annual pie pick-up event.  I had planned to not partake in the offered free wine but then I saw my very favorite red wine from Telaya Wine Co.  Thankfully they had the perfect size tasting glasses to give me the taste I craved without spending a huge number of points.  AND I got to seemy favorite people.

 



Thanksgiving is my favorite food holiday.  Bring it on.

No comments: