8/12/23

Weekly WI: Skipped The Scale...Sorta

I decided to skip the scale for my Weekly Weigh-In on Tuesday.  Now, I knew I would be checking in on the scale at the thyroid doctor’s office Thursday, so I would somewhat have an idea of the number.  The decision behind not getting on the scale was due to a pre-planned out of town event coming off the heels of a successful week were I finally saw a loss.  I made the decision ahead of time to not get on the scale and just get back on track ASAP, which since Monday I have tracked each day and I have renewed my intentions for the week ahead.

 


I had one planned social engagement and one unplanned so far.  It has been slightly more difficult but not impossible.  My goal for my next weigh-in is to be at least a maintain from the last time I stepped on the scale.  Of course, the best-case scenario is seeing a loss.  One thing is for sure, I felt great when we headed out of town and crappy on Sunday after all the snacking and alcohol consumed over the weekend.  Instead of dwelling on it, I am spending this week focused on the mantra that it takes one day to feel yucky…it takes one day to feel great!  I want to continue to feel great and I want to continue to see the scale go back down.  A commitment to my WW program is how we make that happen.



So, about that doctor’s visit.  I didn’t get my confirmation and while I did think that was weird, as it turned out, they cancelled my appointment in April.  It was partially my fault in that when I got the text and voicemail, I was in a staff meeting and forgot to call them back.  However, I am a bit bummer the office was more proactive on at least reaching out once more.  I had previously asked for a prescription refill and went in for bloodwork the week prior so again, how did this get missed.  I am mostly frustrated because I need a refill of my prescriptions.  Thankfully, I have an appointment on Wednesday.

 


I have one more social situation on the agenda but I do plan to step on the scale as I am committed to brining the number down and making intentional decisions to be successful.


No comments: