4/14/22

21 Days To Vacation

I have been anxious to check in for our cruise and the day has finally arrived!

 


A few months back we booked a return cruise to Alaska, an abbreviated trip this go-round, to turn triple the points earning us platinum status with Norwegian Cruise Lines.  Our five-day cruise only has two ports, Ketchikan, AK and Victoria, BC with two days at sea.  It will be great to visit Victoria again as we missed that stop in October due to COVID and Canada not allowing entry.  It was almost 12 years ago that we last visited Victoria during our first Alaska Cruise.

 

It’s difficult to decide what to do at port on this trip since we just visited Ketchikan.  The one thing I wanted to do but wasn’t offered last time was the trolley tour.  So we may book that this trip.  I also scoped out some breweries/bars and we could try a well-known restaurant, Burger Queen.  With the daylight hours of traveling in May, we are actually at port quite late.

 

In Victoria we plan to walk around.  I found some of the scheduled stops if we booked the food tour through the cruise line so we may do that on our own.  I want to check out this macaroon shop and also pick up a Starbucks mug for my collection.  We are looking at perhaps booked one of their city tours.

 

With two days at sea, I have no idea what we will do.  I plan to do some relaxing and some drinking!  This is the first time we will be sailing with the alcohol drink package, so I am excited to say the least.  On our last cruise, I kept thinking how fun it would be to visit all the bars.  Well, now I have a reason!  I just may not have somebody to visit the bar with since my parents won’t be along on this trip.  I tell ya, I really liked vacationing with my parents.

 

We still have 21 days to go but oh am I excited!




No comments: