4/20/22

Weekly WI: I Need A More Positive Perspective

I’ve been a little stressed about my employee weigh-in for the month of April.  I’ve also been working long hours with short sleep and training one of our new employees at my full-time job.  It has been a lot and while the scale is slowly inching down, it isn’t dropping as rapidly as I’d like for my employee weigh-in.  Since it did not change from Friday to Tuesday, I figured I’d just get my weight on record, even though I showed a 3.2 pound gain.  UGH! 

I was feeling pretty down on myself and when I entered my weight into my WW app, it made me feel better.  Look at the positive message.

 


It is so easy to get focused on the day-to-day and even the week-to-week and forget it is all part of the process.  I have a huge weight swing a couple month ago and it finally came back down.  I am still hopeful if I stay the course and not give into the tired and stress feelings, I will combat this weight swing and show a lower number next month.  If I end up saying “*!@& it” and eat allllll the carbs, well, it won’t help anything but make me more depressed and probably make me want to eat even more carbs.

 

The biggest struggle mentally is I feel like I’ve been doing all the right things.  I’ve had some really great NSVs the last two weeks.  I got back on track after vacation and made the conscious decision not to engaged in all the sweet treats and high point junk that came into the dispatch center during National Telecommunicators Week.  When you are doing everything you are supposed to and the scale isn’t dropping as rapidly as it went up, it is hard to push on.  I managed to not eat my stress/frustration on Tuesday and so far, Wednesday is going well too.  I have social plans on Thursday that I will use my entire weekly budget for.  This way I can just enjoy and not stress about it.  Although the menu just changed and it will no longer be pizza which will help.

Two weeks to go until our cruise vacation.  Yippie!

No comments: