4/23/22

Saturday Check-In

 Good Morning!  Happy Saturday.


It has been a little bit of an “off week” but I have managed not to blow my points out of the water each day.  I’m feeling some sort of internal struggle and still seem to be craving all the carbs.  I have no idea what that is all about. The Hubs is going low carb and having a lot of success with it.  Me, I’m wishing I had a moment alone so I could stuff my face with carbs and not derail is progress!  I tell ya, the struggle is real.


I’ve conditioned myself that I can have a high point day and get back on track pretty easily the next day…most of the time.  I almost ordered pizza and breadsticks at work last night but a coworker talked me out of it.  The ironic this is my planned meal for the night was a pita pizza, which was delicious when mealtime rolled around.  I left work still craving carbs.  It is weird and I hope it passes soon although I am still thinking pizza and breadsticks might be in my near future food plan!


I’m about to finish up my April Apple Watch Activity Challenge logging 21 workouts this month.  I’ve not completed my activity today so soon it will be 20 of 21 days.  Plus I earned a special award for Earth Day 2022.






It has been a good month for activity and I am thankful for my commitment to power through even when I’ve been tired.  I still needed a few rest days along the way too.




We are now 12 days to cruise day and the really sad part is I work all but two of those days until we leave.  WOMP::WOMP.  Between a work training, emergency coverage needs, and scheduled overtime, it will be a very long 12 days until we can set sail but boy will I be ready.




We have one at-home COVID test, a Canada entry form to complete, and flight check-in then we are good to board.  I also set up with Port Valet, a baggage service provided by the Port of Seattle.  If you’ve not heard of it, you should check it out.  You sign up ahead of time and place your bags outside your door the night before you disembark.  They take your bags and check them all the way through to your final flight destination.  It is so confidant and you don’t have to mess with your bags.  This is especially great if you plan to tour your disembarkation city after your cruise.  We won’t be touring Seattle this trip but will travel with less luggage in tow making it much more enjoyable.




It’s my last day of trainee one of our new employees as we wrap up her Phase 2 training phase.  I am looking forward to having my own time back and hopefully try to get caught up with my supervisory duties.  I am so stoked for her next training phase as she is doing fabulous.  We also offered to three interviewees yesterday, which is great.  Fingers crossed we can get our staffing back up.


And with that, I’m going to go mow the long and earn those activity points.


No comments: