8/5/22

Three Days Off = A Mini Vacation

I had three days off and it felt like a mini-vacation.  Oh man it was much needed and felt fabulous!


Tuesday I started my day with my WW workshop and a little meal prep so I had some healthy go-to to lean into on my days off.  I also made a pasta salad for our first (hopefully annual) National Night Out.  A gal in my neighborhood took the lead and organized a NNO event that was so much fun.  Meridian Police Department, Ada County Sheriff’s Office, and finally the Meridian Fire Department.







I think the moment we knew NNO was a success was when the fire truck arrived.  The kids emptied out of the bounce house and lined up to see the truck, spray a traffic cone, and get sprayed (well, drenched) by the fire hose.  It was really great.


On Wednesday, I met a WW friend for lunch, swung by the mall to pick up an online order, and headed downtown in search of an Idaho logo hat for our cruise, which is still six months away.  Banana Ink has some really fun Idaho gear and with my Beer Buddies membership, I received 10% off.  I found the hat I was looking for when I stopped into Flying M Coffee, I found some pins to accompany it.  Since I was downtown and had a pre-planned high point day, I grabbed a German lager at 10 Barrel Brewing Company.  




I got a second pin that I put on my other travel hat I purchased through Amazon.





Wednesday evening we met up with Phoenix, Stacey, and two of his friends for Green Chile margaritas.  It is Hatch Green Chile season and we after finding this delicious drink last year, we knew we had to stop in again for one (or two).  Of course they went up on price!  Ugh.  And, I forgot to take a photo.


Thursday was a veg day.  I think knowing I have to get back to six-day work weeks made me want to just relax.  I woke up way too early when The Hubs left for work so I took a nap, watched a lot of TV, and eventually got out and about for a few errands as well as some strength exercise.  It is time now to return to real life…


No comments: