8/19/22

Thursday Thunder in Boise

Good Morning!  Happy Friday.


I am back to work for a six-day stretch and while not entirely ready to be responsible again, I enjoyed a little downtime and some social time on my day(s) off.


I had my annual check-in with the thyroid doctor and was officially in Onederland.  WhooooHoooo!




It felt so good to be under 200 pounds as I’ve really been working hard at that the last few years.  I am committed to seeing the scale continue to tick downward and working hard on those goals.


After my appointment, I took myself out to lunch at Twisted Timber.  I will say the cuban sandwich was good but the service was not great and they were out of the pub chips, the reason I went in the first place.  They also messed up my order and gave me chips and salsa as my side instead of the homemade macaroni salad.  




It turned out to be a blessing in disguise which meant I just didn’t eat them.  I also should not have ordered this Pina Colada sour beer but it was delicious!  I only drank part of it.  I had other splurges built into my Thursday to look forward to.


I was still thinking of those pub chips and thought maybe I’d get some chips when I stopped at Albertsons after lunch.  I ended up getting some $1.99 ice cream on scale as they had the peppermint variety and I missed out not getting any last year.  I have learned since yesterday it is too dangerous to have in the house and I need to get rid of it.  I have enjoyed the few servings I ate un-tracked which tells me it is a “red light food!”  And at just $1.99, I can afford to get rid of it.


I had plans to meet Wanda and Michael at Thursday Thunder to see Casio Dreams, a local 80s band that is awesome.  We met early and I introduced them to Twin Peaks delicious cold beer and $5 happy hour appetizers.  This was not the original plan…so lots of points were consumed.




Afterwards we ventured to Chow Public Market and had another drink.  Since we were full, we didn’t eat there (originally I was going to eat at the tamale restaurant).  This canned cocktail was just $5 but too heavy on the cucumber.




We set up our chairs in the shade and waited for the concert to start.  It was an enjoyable evening and we stayed until the band quit playing just after 9pm.





Of course I was starving afterwards and made my way to Panda Express.  Oy!  I very, very, very high point day and so I’m looking forward to lots of water and lower point foods today.


No comments: