8/23/22

Weekly WI: Another Loss

I had a good-sized loss this week which makes me really happy.





I was a bit worried as I’d stepped on the scale Thursday before my doctor appointment.  It isn’t typical to weigh mid-week so when I peeked on Monday and I saw I was up from the loss I saw on Thursday, I wasn’t sure what to expect.  Thankfully, I pulled out a loss!  Whooohoooo.

 

I also met the turning point for my weight loss this year.  I started the year strong and the scale app that our home scale is connected to shows the overall trends.  Prior to a few months ago, I was down in weight, down in BMI, down in body weight percentage, up in muscle mass, and up in bone mass.  The weight gain I experience where I saw 200 pounds again (gulp) turned those number around.  Where they were down, they were now climbing up again and those positive numbers that were up had come back down.  If that doesn’t smack, you in the face…nothing will!  I am going to continue to work hard on my weight loss and wellness goals.

 

It has been really difficult keeping up a full-time job, a part-time job, and an abundance of overtime at work.  I’m exhausted.


 

I’ve been working six-day work weeks and even thought best laid plans are to try and cut back on staffing when we can, employees out sick have been complicating the matter.  There isn’t anything we can do but often I feel left to have to shoulder the load.  I have to continue to remind myself that I am only one person, and I can’t do it all.  I’m also starting to think I need to sign up for less OT so when I am overloaded, at least it isn’t double or triple the overload.  I know I’m not the only one pulling long hours and work weeks.  It just gets really tiring.

No comments: