7/7/21

Finding Joy

 This month the WW Technique is all about finding Joy.



During my virtual meeting yesterday, we listed off both positive and negative emotions.  It was no surprise that our group was able to list negative emotions at twice the rate of the positive ones.  Why is this?  Looking for the positives sometimes take twice the effort!  When we seek out those positives or when we set aside time to partake in those tasks that bring us joy, we are all around happier.






Coach Cindie listed off several to-do items that might be on our list this week, most of with where for sure on mine.  I had house cleaning, errands, and a social gathering on my to-do list yesterday.  Of all those items, the social gathering is hands down what sparks joy for me.  I was looking forward to seeing a few gal pals I’d not seen in over a month.  While the get together was small, we had a great time visiting, eating pizza, and having a few adult beverages.


Earlier in the day, Phoenix sent me a text message asking if I wanted to meet her and the kids for ice cream.  You know…ice cream also sparks joy.  So, I said yes.  Sparking joy doesn’t always have to be about food.  It can also be about activity and healthy living.  I am meeting up with Phoenix this morning for a walk and I have already been out for a walk amidst our cool temps (the only time of the day it is cool).  


Whatever sparks joy for you…find time to partake in it.  I know I’ll be sparking a whole lot of joy when Dawny arrives in town tomorrow and we get ready for our Girls Weekend adventure.  

No comments: