7/25/21

Odds & Ends Of The Last Few Weeks

Good Morning!  


I am on day three of five this week with a family reunion on Saturday that I am really looking forward to.  It is giving me momentum to get through the workdays.  Friday and Saturday were hopping and I suspect maybe a slower Sunday.  Last Sunday, I brought cookies for my team to “celebrate” a new coworker joining the team in hopes of building more of a team cohesiveness environment.  I will have the same group for the rest of the year, unless something changes.  My Cookie Lady is awesome.  They turned out so great.






I’ve been dealing with some supervisory struggles and it has thrown me for a loop.  I was pretty down on myself last week and feeling better this week.  I value that I can experience lows but usually I try hard not to stay there.  I just hate feeling so down in the dumps for so long.  I also attended a First Responders Resilience training last week and I pride myself on being resilient and need to continue to cling to that.





I’ve been working on my July Apple Watch Activity Goals and am ahead of schedule after all the walking during Girls Weekend.  My food week wasn’t that great during my days off and petty much all of July has not been that great.  I am nervous about weight-in on Tuesday and thankful that I’ve been back on track since Friday.  I like being back on track and I know that overall, being consistent to my WW plan makes me feel so good.  


On Monday, the first cruise ship left the Port of Seattle enroute to Alaska.  WhoooHoooo!  It was a Royal Caribbean ship and while I have not been able to find much shared on YouTube or Instagram, my vicarious vacation travels are still happening.  The first Norwegian Cruise Line ship is expected to leave Seattle for Alaska in two weeks.  I can’t wait and I really do hope it actually happens.  With this new Delta COVID strain rearing it’s ugly head, I fear it will shut down the travel industry before it even gets started again.  I am anxiously awaiting our Alaska Cruise and I’ll be keeping a close eye on things in the meantime.





It was eleven years ago we took our first cruise, which was also an Alaskan Cruise.  I am just so excited to get back on a ship.




No comments: