7/30/21

Working Hard At Staying On Track This Week

It has been very enjoyable days off so far with more fun to come.  I am working hard to balance everything, committed to 100% tracking, and finding ways to squeeze it all into my WW program.


Tuesday was a meet-up with Brenda for lunch at Eight Thirty Commons.  The salad I picked was delicious and fit into the points budget for the day that I was able to earn four rollover points.  Wednesday was a meet-up with Phoenix to check out the new Green Acres Food Truck Park in Boise.  




We parked at the nearby city park and rode our bikes to the Food Truck Park.  Sadly, it was underwhelming.  I heard that it is a happening place to be on nights and weekends.  Hopefully we can try it again.  We shared some tacos from Kanack Attack, the only truck on the park that day, and then continued on bike to Payette Brewing to enjoy their outdoor patio space and share a beer flight.




With the decision to stay home for dinner, safe some money and calories, I earned a blue dot on Wednesday and had two days under my belt of feeling successful.


Thursday we picked up Grandpa for an afternoon ice cream date before running a bunch of errands in preparation for the family reunion on Saturday and also to get some groceries for the work week.  Sadly, we were not able to take the golf cart to enjoy our ice cream treat.




We had lunch at Cracker Barrel,  which I forgot was Turkey Thursday and one of my most favorite days.  The lunch portion was just the right side and extra delicious today.  




We continued our errands ending at the Albertson’s Marketplace for Hatch Green Chili Season and to acquire some fresh roasted green chile for Kenyon.  The Hubs was starting to get hungry and the Marketplace has a variety of food/food court options.  I was feeling a little hunger and got myself some smoked turkey breast from the BBQ place at the Marketplace.  While we were having our bite to eat, Kenyon noticed the cocktail of the week was a Hatch Green Chili Margarita.  Although I had not planned to spend points on alcohol, when in Rome right?!?





It was delicious.  It is a bit like a jalapeño margarita in that the sweet and spicy balance.  You also can’t beat the $5 price.  Since Phoenix’s boyfriend Stacey loves Hatch Green Chili, we deiced to meet up on Saturday after the family reunion for a margarita (or two).  Since I know I will be having this delicious drink again, I did the responsible WW thing to do and only drank half my margarita so I could save some points.  


Once back home, I prepped beef stew from our leftover post roast using turnips and radishes instead of potatoes, which is what Kenyon prefers with his low carb lifestyle.  It was not only low points but also delicious.




I’ve done some pre-tracking for the evening plans tonight with my cousins from out-of-town.  I know that tonight and tomorrow will most likely both be non-blue dot days and that is okay.  I save my WSPA for this reason.  

No comments: