7/27/21

Weekly WI: Another Week...Another Gain

Another week has come and gone and I set here facing another gain.  





Womp:Womp.


I will admit this one stung.  When I checked in with the scale a day early on Monday, I was not prepared to see another gain nor was I prepared to see the number on the scale.  I was off track, way off track, Tuesday through Thursday, and then back on track Friday through Monday.  I had started to convince myself everything might turn out okay.  I mean I feel good so how bad can it be?  Thankfully it came down a little bit from Monday to Tuesday leaving me with a 1.4 pound gain.


Danger…Danger…Danger…


I am up 4.2 pounds for the month of July.  GULP! 






This is my M.O.  **side note, what the heck is M.O. and what does it mean?  I had no idea…


A modus operandi (often shortened to M.O.) is someone's habits of working, particularly in the context of business or criminal investigations; but also more generally, it is a Latin phrase, approximately translated as mode (or manner).  From Wikipedia


Okay, back to this blogpost…


Since this is my M.O., recognizing that these small-ish consistent gains are not productive to my WW program and getting a handle on them early is how I can stop the 10-ish pound gain from happening.  This will help me be successful in the long term because I am not constantly having to keep re-losing the same few pounds just to inch a tiny bit closer to goal at the end of the year.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  Any small progress is progress.  It is just that if I can keep myself from having to re-lose weight then I can inch myself closer faster.  Maintenance is the final goal of this journey.  I really want to get back to goal and just maintain for a while.


With all that being said, back on track ASAP!!!  This is a tough week with family in town and a family reunion, but I will stay committed to my WW plan this week.


Let’s do this!

No comments: