11/8/21

I've Been Hiding A Secret

I’ve got a secret that I am finally able to share…

 


WW has rolled out a brand-new program update called Personal Points.  As a new employee to WW, I have had the privilege of testing out the new program through the beta app and overall, I really like the changes.

 

WW Personal Points officially rolled out in the US November 8th.  The program rolled out in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Australia on October 25th.  For those that follow Pound Dropper, she shared the ins/outs of the new program on her website a few weeks ago.  

You can read about it here ß

 

WW Personal Points is a completely customizable plan and instead of fitting your life into a WW plan, the WW plan fits into YOUR life.  Through the assessment questioner, members can choose the foods they love to eat generating a personalized daily and weekly points budget.  On top of that, you can add points to your daily points allowance by eating non-starchy vegetables (1 cup servings), drinking water (60 oz a day), and being active.  The best part is you can earn unlimited daily points logging for veggies.  Activity points are also unlimited and added to your weekly points budget.  Water is capped though so you are only able to earn one point a day.  WW has also made it easy to track your non-starchy veggies which means you don’t have to track your zero-point foods if you don’t want to.  It could not be easier.

 

Personal Points follows the most update-to-date science and calculates points using unsaturated fat and fiber, which decrease the points value, and added sugar, which increase the points value.  I have found that the biggest change to points in the foods I’ve been eating is that sneaky hidden added sugar.

 

How is it going?  The hardest change for me was moving away from the Purple Plan and all the zero-point foods that I had come to enjoy while eating them every day.  I rarely turned to a salad anymore as the complex carbs were keeping fuller longer.  The WW Personal Points program feels a lot like the Blue Plan which was also known as the Freestyle Plan.  It encompasses zero-point fruits and non-starchy vegetables as well as many of the zero-point foods from the Blue Plan such as chicken, beans, and fat free yogurt.  Where the new plan deviates from the prior MyWW+ program depends on what other foods you select during your assessment.  I was only able to choose two from the list as my personalized zero-point foods of the many that used to be incorporated as part of the Purple Plan.

 

What this meant for me is that I was only able to choose two of my beloved complex carbs: oatmeal, popcorn, corn, potatoes, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta.  Talk about a very difficult decision as I was eating all these foods daily.  It continues to be a hard decision for me and during these last seven weeks since the new program was available to employees.  I have re-taken the assessment a few times changing up my decisions.

 

The other struggle was despite no longer being on the Purple Plan with all the zero-point foods available to me, my daily points budget is now 17 giving me only one more point that I used to have on the Purple Plan.  When I returned from our Alaska Cruise, I really struggled with how to eat on such few points.  Eventually I found my stride again and let me tell you…I’ve eaten a lot of non-starchy veggies over these last seven weeks.  It is one way I can add to my daily points budget.

 

I also didn’t drop a lot of weight these past seven weeks.  My starting weight was 196.8 and my weight today is 194.2. 



Between vacation, a head cold, a sinus infection, and birthday social outings/meals, I didn’t have a solid seven weeks to commit to the new plan 100%.  I had just found my stride before vacation and then feel like I’ve also found my stride again over the last week and a half.  I am looking forward to the next two months where I hope to end the year closer to 190.

 

If you are interested in learning more about Personal Points, pop into a WW Studio near you.  We would love to see you.

 

No comments: