11/24/21

Weekly WI: Maintain

I weighed the same weight this week as I did last week.




A maintain is always good.  Of course, I had wanted a loss and continue to work the new Personal Points Program making sure I get in some of those non-starchy vegetables.  Since I love potatoes and I love Thanksgiving, I think I’ll give it one more week and then change my ZeroPoint food options to include brown rice and whole wheat pasta again.  At least for a few weeks.  We will be in Vegas next week so that will throw me off a bit and probably result in some weight gain.  I might even skip the scale that first week of December.


This week is the last week for a weigh-in of November and as of right now, I am down four pounds since October.  I am also down about 10 pounds from this time last year.  I’m going to keep working my program and getting in my activity as I also near the end of month goal for my Apple Activity Watch Challenge.  


Last night was the annual pie pick-up put on by my realtor team.  Each year we get a pie before Thanksgiving as a thank you for our continued business and referrals.  I love my realtor and her team so I really enjoy getting to see them.  This was an outdoor event so not as fun as pre-COVID when we could gather at a restaurant/bar and really spend time catching up.  When you are with Christina and Company, you are clients for life and therefore you get #pie4life.




I met Rebecca for pizza, salad, and drinks at the local Albertson’s, which also had a food court and a bar/restaurant.  I enjoyed two slices of pizza, a whole bag of pre-packaged Caesar salad (veggie points baby!) and a spiced chai mule.  The drink was really delicious.




I was still feeing festive and probably relieving stress in the wrong with with alcohol…but I took myself to Matador to try a couple more margaritas from their menu.  This week I tried the Bartender’s and the Chile Mango.  I preferred the Bartender’s Margarita as it was less sweet and you could really taste the margarita.  Both were really good.




I was not hungry and I don’t particularly like their food, just their margaritas (and chips and black bean dip).  I sat at the bar, it was a packed house, and told the bartender I didn’t need chips or a menu that I was just having some drinks.  This worked well in eliminating the mindless chip eating and cutting down on points.  Believe me, the margaritas are enough points all by themselves!  


Tis The Season but I do need to be careful of all my social outings as that is one reason I struggle with my weight.  It is a constant mental battle between, “live life and have fun” and “you now have an employee weigh-in once a month.”  Somewhere, I will live life in-between as that is a huge part of this journey.  When we get to our goal weight, it is easy to think you have to keep going and you have to keep losing.  Eventually, you have to just live!

No comments: