3/8/22

Las Vegas Vacation Consolation Prize

Out trip to Vegas was a nice consolation prize for cancelled travel.  We enjoyed a few new experiences and a few old experiences and overall had a lot of fun.  The only downside was losing our gambling money.


We arrived very early in the morning, which is not typical as you can’t check into the hotel that early.  We camped out in the buffet at Luxor while we waited for the notification our early check-in was ready.  With so much time available, we boarded the bus and headed to the South Outlet Mall and then stopped at a new restaurant off-strip called Sickie’s Garage Burger & Brews.  We split an appetizer and a burger sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwiches.  OMG it was a lot, but delicious.




On Friday night, I convinced Kenyon to check out Coyote Ugly Bar.  It made me want to watch the movie which was in Hulu last night.  




While looking through the Vegas magazine in our hotel room, I spotted a local brewery on-strip called Trustworthy Brewing Company.  Since it was really easy to get to, I knew I needed to swing in to try a flight.  We also shared a pretzel with really good sour cream and chive dip.  




After trying out the cocktail flights at Flights Restaurant on our last Vegas vacation, I wanted to try two more flights during this trip.  The margarita flight was too sweet and the old fashioned flight was too strong.  I don't think this will be a regular Vegas stop in the future. 




No visit to Vegas is complete without a stop at the Bellagio Conservatory to see the beautiful flowers.   This theme was Chinese New Year.




Thursday night was a home game for the Vegas Golden Knights.  I packed my jersey and we went to Beer Haus to watch the game.  Although the Knights lost, it was really neat being so close to the arena during game day.  I also missed Beer Haus where I enjoyed a delicious Chicago dog along with 2 for 1 beer as the waitress said they poured a second one and she gave it me for free. 





Many miles were walked.





A lot of money was lost and we ate at several buffets. We enjoyed the sunshine while w had it as temps were in the 80s followed by in the 50s with 22 mph winds!  I’m looking forward to travel again in a couple weeks.

No comments: