3/18/22

Sorry For The Delay

Good Morning!  I can’t believe it has been so long since I checked in.  Tuesday came with some work stress and it just seemed to roll into my busy weekend.  I had two social events on the calendar this week and am happy to have managed them well and also the stress!

I had a large gain on Tuesday, which was unexpected.  I am hoping to see the scale come back down come this Tuesday as I have to do my employee weigh-in that day.  I was surprised and feel maybe hormonal so I am working hard to stay on track and not let it rattle me.  We leave for vacation on Thursday so this week needs to be planned, prepared, and on-track.


Wednesday was another Wine, Women, and Wealth event at Potter Wines.  I invited my friend Wanda and Phoenix invited her sister Nicole.  We had a great time and met some new ladies.  I was actually early to the event not realizing it started at 6:30pm and was really working to stay within my points since Thursday would be a very high point day.  I stopped at Fred Meyer and got some chicken from the deli with a little BBQ sauce so I would not go into wine drinking hungry.  Success!




Thursday was a triple booked St. Patty’s Day that turned into a fourth event with Boise State men’s basketball making it to the NCAA.  Kenyon asked if I’d go to breakfast with him and LePeep had homemade corned beef hash.  Oh Yum!  This was my only opportunity to eat corned beef although Mom dropped me off all the fixings I plan to prepare next week.




We met Mom and Dad at Buffalo Wild Wings for the BSU game, which sadly we lost.  They have $3 tall beers all day every day and it was 2 for 1 boneless wings.  Since we had just eaten, I participated in $3 beers.




Afterwards we met Wanda and Michael at Yard House for their St. Patty’s Day.  I enjoyed a half and half Guinness and their honey blond house beer.  We also shared an appetizer.  Wanda turns 60 today.




Our last meet-up of the day was with my friend Jen and her boyfriend Mike.  She chose a Mexican restaurant called Andrade’s for a belated birthday dinner.  I tried a spicy pineapple margarita.  It was really good.  




At that point, we had also planned to go to a St. Patty’s Day event at Lounge at the End of the Universe with a live band and local beers on top.  We were all tired and ready to go home.  When you start drinking at noon, it makes for a long day.  A fun one… but a long one.


I will now hunker down and get through 5 more shifts at work before vacation!!

No comments: