11/20/17

Making A Plan For The Week Ahead


My home scale had me squeaking by with a maintain this week.  I’ll tell ya, I’m super happy about that.  This has been a week!  I’m trying to get ahead of this next week by making a plan and I’ll be working on staying focused and trying harder than I did last week.

Here is what my week looks like and my plan.  I’ve still got to plan some meals around all this chaos:

Tonight I’m going to hit up a different WW meeting since it is the best time this week to get to a meeting.  We are in the middle of earning our Thanksgiving charm for meeting attendance and this week you get a bonus for attending during Thanksgiving Week.  So, I don’t want to miss it.  I don’t think I’ll actually WI since it is a night meeting and I checked in on my home scale.  But, if I change my mind, I’ll have to remember any gain is mostly likely just from what I’ve eaten/drank during my day today.  That is one benefit to morning WIs.  You can usually get away with starving yourself before your meeting and thus playing into the scale game of “how low can you go.”



Tuesday I work overtime from 6am-10am and I have a social even at 4pm.  I am planning to clean the house in preparation for Thanksgiving guests on Tuesday so it is completed and out of the way.  I think this will be my only activity for the day unless I do a workout tape at home as the gym classes don’t fit into my schedule.

Wednesday I am going to try to at my bank bright and early to try and wrangle a better interest rate on the Black Wednesday interest rate “sale.”  It looks like all the good deal are only for 36 months but that I can also shave 1% off any other rate I quality for.  It feels like it is worth the gamble even though I’ve got to get up early.  I have a procedure at my lady-doctor’s office and then I’m planning the rest of the day to rest just in case I don’t feel good after my procedure.  If I’m feeling up to it, I’ll do my grocery shopping and some food prep for Thanksgiving.  But, this is why I want to do my house cleaning on Tuesday.  If I don’t end up at Black Wednesday very long, I’ll hit the gym and get in a workout before my appointment.

Thursday is Thanksgiving.  Kenyon and I are off work (yeah) and I will be cooking some side dishes for our 2pm mealtime.  I love the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade and I’m going to plan to do a workout DVD at home before the festivities begin.

Friday I don’t work until 10am so I’m meeting a coworker to do some Black Friday shopping.  I don’t really have anything to buy but going out in it is fun.  There won’t be any time for formal activity so I had better get some steps in while we shop.

Saturday – Monday is my regular workday.  I’ve been letting my activity slide on the weekends so I’ll see what I can do to re-motivate myself.  Most days I meet my activity goal just through my workday since I am training and I’m up out of my chair a lot.  But, since I’ve also not been as active during the week, I should hold myself accountable better.  Monday I’ll plan to hit up a class at the gym.

Whew.  It is going to be a whirlwind of a week and I’m sure it will fly by!  I only get a small break from training as I finish up my Phase 2 trainee and move onto a Phase 4 trainee.  I’ll be looking forward to the small break.

No comments: