11/16/17

The Headache Of Getting A New Phone

I upgraded my iPhone yesterday. Ever since iOS 11 launched, my iPhone 6 plus has never been the same. It is really slow, sometimes up to 10 seconds for a page or app to load. I put up with it for the last few weeks but I finally caved and got a new phone. I don't like to talk badly about Apple and I am pretty far into their web to get any other type of phone, but this last upgrade still has been upset. My old phone was only three years old and in my opinion, is too soon to not have proper support. The best guess as to what has happened is the release of the new iPhone X made for much different processing and thus the older phones just can't keep up. Or at least that is what I'm telling myself.

I noticed a huge difference when I took my iPhone 8 Plus out of the AT&T store yesterday. Then, I couldn't make a phone call!! I guess there was a nationwide outage as soon as I left the store and I thought it was my new phone. Doh! It was also a bit of a headache to get it set up, such as, getting signed back into various apps after trying to remember the passwords, etc. I also had trouble getting my Apple Watch to repair and I thought I had lot the whole month of November's hard work as well as the whole year of awards I received in the Activity section. Thankfully, I only lost yesterday's data which meant I didn't meet my Activity goals for the day and I won't be getting my perfect month. Bummer. I'll have to make sure I get it for the month of December.


You know you are a WWer when you are worried that the hard earned activity wont' be reflected! I'll be headed to the gym later today for a fitness class. Kenyon and I have an errand to run after work so I think we will use a coupon at Sizzler for $7.99 steak and two sides. I've been making some meals at home but we have been eating out a lot the last two days. I have some recipes I want to try later this week.

No comments: