11/15/17

Weekly WI: A Much Needed Loss

My weekly WI went well yesterday. I was down 1.8 pounds and staying committed to the #fiveperfectdays helped. Where my days perfect? No, far from it. But, it helped keep me accountable to my tracking and being accurate. I got a little sloppy as the week progressed. The commitment of eating at home also helped me last week in seeing a loss.

The exhausting part is doing it again this week so it can be just as successful. And, have you ever noticed how eating is less fun when you have to count the points? But, tracking works and it sure does help me.

I got a new Instapot so I'm excited to try out some new recipes. A few weeks ago, I brought home an air fryer on a whim and we have used that a few times. I just got some crinkle cut butternut squash at Trader Joe's so I can do some butternut squash “fries” in the air fryer. I'm also researching recipes and what not for my new Instapot (which I got on a killer coupon deal at Fred Meyer). I did a test run as per the instruction on the booklet and it still feels intimidating. Mostly, I plan to use it for slow cooking. I needed a new programable crockpot since I broke mine last year. This is an all in one and it can also do so many more things. I've got great ideas so far on Facebook.


The exercise front is a bit on the slow side right now. It has been a busy few days and I'm struggling with poor sleep and feeling tired. I'm on a streak for the month of November on completing my movement calories each day for an entire month. I've not yet done it for 2017 and I really want to meet this goal. I have managed to get close to my goal most days and so I've been finishing off with some stairs at home and/or squats. Yesterday, I walked the mall for a bit before I met Kenyon at the Apple Store. I'm not sure yet if I'll make it to a class at the gym tonight. I'm enjoying my day off with Kenyon. We don't have many days off together.

No comments: