3/13/21

12 Years Since Reaching My WW Goal Weight

On several social media sites, I recently shared my Facebook memory 12 years ago when I finally made goal with WW officially having lost 130 pounds.  I had no idea that I would actually “trend” a little bit.




I feel like a celebrity!  Honestly though it was overwhelming to have so much love.  I have really wanted to somehow get picked up at a WW Ambassador and I have no idea how you get one of those gigs.  However, building my online presence could be one of those ways.  The hard part about that is that it is exhausting to be “on” all the time with social median and frankly, I just don’t have the time when I am at work 10-hours a day.  Plus, I have to set the example in not being on my cell phone at work if I want others to put their phones down too.


I was even more surprised to see that I got pick up by one of the WW hashtags and they promoted my Instagram post.  Ahhhh…soooooo cool!





What a ride it has been over the last 12 years since I reached my goal weight.  I have learned so much about myself and most recently with all my hard work at tackling re-gain weight, I have learned that I am most comfortable keeping 100 pounds off.  Whether or not I ever make it back down to 175 again, that is okay.  I do know that being down over 100 pounds just makes me feel so much better.  Now that I have been able to become a semi-permanent resident again in Onederland, I really do want to stay there.  


There is where it all began…






This is where it ended 12 years ago…




Although it never ended.  This journey is one split into so many portions and each are equally just as important even if I learned more about myself in one or the other particular journey.  We are always able to learn, grow, evolve, and change.  We just have to have the courage to try and see what happens.  Stay open and adjust when necessary.  And if you need to, cry a little but then pick yourself back up, dust off, and keep going.


This is where I am now…






And I love it!




No comments: