3/10/21

Weekly WI: Feeling Confident In Onederland

It is my fourth week holding steady in Onederland.



I am starting to feel more confident that I am perhaps here to stay.  The only unknown is our upcoming vacation that includes two weeks away from home.  Ouch.  This is going to be tough but I am going to keep my goals in the forefront and work really hard to balance higher point foods with lower point foods.  I’ll rely on those zero point foods when I can.  It is always 100% within in my control what I put into my mouth.


I conducted a scale experiment with a decision to get on the scale at home and also at my WW meeting.  I don’t usually do this but with it unknown if I would make it to my evening meeting, I wanted to make sure I stepped on the scale.  When the world shut down on us a year ago, oh man, a whole year of COVID, I had to start doing my weigh-in at home.  Of course they were conducted in the nude first thing in the morning.  Once I returned to in-person Workshops, I started conducting my at home weigh-ins with my clothes on without my shoes.  You have to wear your shoes on when I weigh at the Studio.  


Anyway, yesterday I decided to weigh-in naked at home vs. getting myself dressed in my exercise clothes as I typically do.  Since there is a scale different between my home scale and the official WW scale, I just didn’t feel like dressing in my workout clothes just to take them back off and get in the shower to go about my day.  I was feeling good later in the day and decided I would step on the scale one more and if the numbers still looked good like they did that morning, I would round up and head to my meeting.


Home Scale: 196.6 naked

WW Scale: 198.4 workout clothes and shoes

Scale difference +1.8


Numbers are just numbers.  Of course I would be ecstatic to be 196.6 with clothes and shoes at the official WW scale.  I’ll get there and in the meantime, I have so much to be proud of.




No comments: