3/17/21

A Bizzarre Snow Storm

When we left Idaho for a road trip, the least of my worries was encountering snow anywhere other than one of our nasty passes between Idaho and Utah.  I also had to pack for temps all over the place due to our travel destinations.  Little did I know, we would end up having to drive through a very bad snow storm leaving my in-laws house driving back to my aunt’s house.  Holy Cow!  It was rough.



The snow had started to fall just as we were leaving making us glad we wrapped up for the evening when we did.  It got progressively worse where you couldn’t see the lines on the road, three lane roadways were about 1.5 lanes with all the confused traffic, and speeds on the interstate were down to 25 mph.  Thank goodness we made it back okay.


I was highly impressed the traffic was driving an appropriate speed and most vehicles had hazard lights on.  You don’t see that kind of driving in Idaho and if we didn’t, maybe we would have less crashes and slide offs.


We are expecting sunshine and warmer temps the remainder of our trip, which I am thankful for.  It has been really uneventful thus far and I had hopes of hitting up a brewery or two as I have not done that on any of my vacations to New Mexico.  Alas, I don’t think it will happen on this leg of the trip.

No comments: