8/22/21

11 Days - 11 Blue Dots

I have been over-exercising and under-eating lately.  It is not a conscious decision and also not the way I prefer to work my program.  While I know I need to give myself more fuel, I went the opposite way this week and really did a number on points/food which has me -100+ in points this week.  ACK!  Not the way I was planning to swing this “fuel my body” pendulum.


We were supposed to get out of town for a few days.  When The Hubs and I both snagged an extra day off totaling four days in a row, I was really itching to travel somewhere.  You all now how crazy obsessive I have been (and still am) with the cruise industry as I wait another six weeks until our cruise.  It is more than that.  


Travel just makes me so happy and is the one time I can actually take a break from the stressors of life.  When I am on vacation:

  • I don’t worry about getting called into work for sick coverage (although you have to be out of town to really feel like you can dodge that bullet.  If you are in town, they still find you).  
  • I usually don’t track while on vacation so I can enjoy yummy food and drinks without the guilt of seeing high points.
  • I get to spend quality time with The Hubs.
  • I get to explore new places and fantasize about what it would be like to live there.


We ended up not going out of town which turned into a vacation from my WW program and oh so many points consumed.  UGH!!!  As I look ahead to October, I know that if I don’t bring the scale back down, I risk being over 200 pounds again.  That is a no-go in my book.  I need to hunker down, avoid social situations, and just stay focused on weight loss.  I am counting down my six working weeks until vacation and also telling myself to hang in there.  


As of Friday, and my return to work, there is 11 days left until the end of the month.  In addition to continuing to get in those exercise minutes for my Apple Watch August Activity Challenge, I am committed to earning a blue dot each day until the end of the month.  This is not the time to slack like I often do at end-of-month time.  It is the time to stay locked in on those goals, prepare healthy meals, balance temptations, and strive to get those blue dots each day.  I know success comes when I focus on those blue dots each day.





I CAN do this and I WILL do this!

No comments: