1/18/22

I Do This For My Members

There is a reason why I do what I do. 

A reason why I wake up at 7:30 a.m. to coach at my weekly WW workshop after getting off work from my regular job at 2:00 a.m. 

A reason why I work a secondary part-time job on top of a full-time job that already includes an abundance of overtime.

Although it is difficult at times to adjust all my schedules and I have felt more than my share of being exhausted, I do what I do because of my WW Members.

Yesterday before the workshop began, a member joined us that I recognized from another location.  I exchanged pleasantries with her and told her she looked familiar.  She shared that she knew me from the Northgate location, which is where I attended pre-COVID shutdown.  When I asked her what brought her all the way (and this location is way out of her way) to Nampa, she simply said, “you did.”

Wow.  What an impact.

She continued sharing with me that she was at the Northgate location the week prior and was told by members that Lindsay had been there.  While it wasn’t me, it was another coach standing in as a sub, she asked the guide if I was coaching and learned I had my own workshop in Nampa on Mondays.  She does not live close to my workshop location and yet she drove across town to attend my workshop.

She stayed for orientation after the regular workshop.  At the end, I told the group, “I hope to see you next week.”  She told me I would and that she felt very motivated after attending my workshop.

This is why I do what I do.

It was 15 years ago I walked into my first WW workshop and never looked back.  I am so lucky to be able to continue to assist our members on this next level.

No comments: