1/28/22

Weekly WI: Friday Instead Of Tuesday

 Good Morning and Happy Friday.  I can’t believe it is almost the end of January.  Typically this month passed quickly followed by a long February.  Our temps are so cold I am ready for warmer weather.  


While I stepped on the scale Tuesday,  it did not get recorded.  OMG it was rough.  Let’s rewind to January 18th.  After having a few days off work to de-stress, I was really loose with my tracking and ended up with a 2 pound gain.  While that was rough, I had planned to get back on track and Saturday through Monday was on track.  The biggest setback was my grandpa passing away.


I was able to take the whole week of work and while I tried to balance eating out with eating in and made a commitment to myself to NOT turn to sugar for indulgences, I was up A LOT on January 25, the day I had planned to complete my employee weight-in for the month.  For the first time in a while, I saw 200 pounds again.  





GULP.


I was legit embarrassed to step on the “official” scale.  After a rough end to January, my tracking was less than stellar and the scale showed it.





I re-focused as I knew I had to get my employee weigh-in on record today.  I checked in on the scale throughout the week and saw so many ups and downs.  I was really stressing it yesterday when my home scale jumped back up again to 199.  UGH.  It was so frustrating.  When I woke up today, the scale had come back down.  






It wasn’t enough of a loss and I still had a on both my home scale and the “official” scale.  I am 100% on track this week which feels really good.  I have also stayed committed to my activity this entire month, which makes me feel proud of myself.


I will bring the scale back down.  I am always glad when I can catch these gains on the small(er) side vs. having to navigate 5+ pound gains.  My monthly weigh-in for 2022 is still under 200, which is my main focus.  I was up 2 pounds from the end of 2021 but that is okay.  





I have a new month ahead of me where I can work hard and stay focused.


No comments: