1/23/22

The Last Of The Grandparents

 The world lost a great man.



Last week, my grandpa passed away.  He had just turned 92.  He had an aortic aneurysm and while we knew he could go at anytime, we were not prepared at all.  Thankfully we believe it as swift and he didn’t suffer.  We also believe he enjoyed playing his usual card games and meeting his friends for coffee in the day prior.  That gives us peace during this difficult time.


We are also holding onto the happy memories and so thankful we spent time together at both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  You never know when the last time you will see somebody will be the last time.  You hope you hugged them tight enough and told them you loved them.  I wasn’t able to celebrate on Grandpa’s birthday due to prior work commitments but I did call him to wish him well and sent a card in the mail.  


He is the only grandpa I’ve known my entire 42 years.  My other grandpa and my two great-grandpas had already passed away.  I was able to spend time with all four grandmothers (including two great-grandmas) but only one grandpa.  There are no more grandparents left.


Goodbye Grandpa.  I will miss you so very much.

No comments: