7/16/22

And Just Like That...Travel Gets Cancelled

Life has taken me for a roller coaster since last December when my husband decided to quit his job. 

There have been a lot of up and down emotions over the last seven months and while I kept trying to convince myself this glorious life I had built wasn’t crumbling around me, that is not the case.  With our abundance of overtime at my job, me working a secondary part-time job, and my husband choosing to use his savings for a “few months,” I relied on my extra income to still make travel a priority. 

That is no longer the case, and a very difficult decision was made to cancel our two October cruises.  Although difficult, it was the right decision for our money situation at the moment. 

 


I won’t be canceling my January 2023 cruise as it is a group cruise planned with other couples.  I also won’t cancel my annual Girls Weekend in September plus by piggyback trip to visit Dawny in Spokane and see Hairspray The Musical.  I’ve got to do my best to squirrel away money so I can afford to go on these trips.




In the meantime, our Dual Income No Kids (DINKS) days are over.  We still have no kids, but we no longer have dual incomes.  It really is a huge bummer because as I said before, I built a life I really, really, really loved.

If you need me, I’ll be pretending I’m on vacation but drinking at home because it saves money.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to had to cancel 😞. Glad you have zone trips to look forward to. Good luck to your husband, I hope he finds a job soon.