7/25/22

Last Week's Social Calendar

Hello!!  Once again, I did not mean to leave you all hanging for almost a whole week.  I actually planned a post last week and thought it was “too soon.”  Rookie mistake because this week as gone by in a flash.  It isn’t done yet…I still have three full work shifts and one WW workshop but with each day I’m getting closer to my day off this week.


I had fun on my days off last week as it was one of my last three-day weekends for a while.  On Wednesday, I met my friend Wanda and her family for wine tasting.  We visited three locations starting at Split Rail Winery.  I didn’t sap any photos of our flight, which was old school style where they come out with each bottle, explain, and pour your sample.  It wasn’t my favorite location/wine.


I really enjoyed Cinder.  They had two options, a rose flight, which I selected, and a summer flight.  After my taste of three rose varieties they offered me another taste or two of another of my choice.  It was a really great stop and I just love their winery.  I also left with a bottle of rose to bring home.





Our third stop was a at a new tasting room in town called Rolling Hills.  We had a choice of four wines on the menu and with three of us tasting we each selected a different wine.  We were pleasantly surprised when the tastes came in small easy to pour containers.  It was perfect for our shared flight.  I had all white wines, which enjoyed.





Kenyon and I say our farewell as Wanda and her family had other engagements as did we.  We grabbed bite to eat at Olive Garden (bread to soak up all that wine) and took in a move at the drive-in theater.




A local insurance company, along with other sponsors, hosted a Hometown Hero Night at the drive-in theater.  The movie was Guardians of the Galaxy and before the movie started there was a drawing for prices.  We also received $30 in concessions.  It was a late night and a very fun event.

No comments: