9/27/18

Moving At A Snail's Pace


When I started my weight loss journey almost 12 years ago, my decision to walk into my local Weight Watchers Center was mostly because I was starting to really feel my weight.  I couldn’t deny the fact anymore that when I sat between two friends at a movie or concert, I was uncomfortable spilling over my seat.  And after a recent trip to Las Vegas with my sister, I could barely buckle the seatbelt.  It was hard to move around and I tired easily.  I also sweated a ton all the time. 

It was time for a change.

Throughout this journey there have been many times I am have been able to reflect on how far I’ve come.  My recent vacation was defiantly one of those times.  I needed a mental break from the ins and outs of life and when vacation arrived, I knew I wouldn’t be tracking my food.  While I had not quite planned to indulge as much as I did, I enjoyed every delicious food/pastries, decedent desserts, and an abundance alcohol.  I did think many times about the impact of my eating and drinking on the scale.  It wasn’t long before I could start to feel the extra weight/bloat as well.  I tired really hard not to focus so much on weight but it is ingrained in me after so many years of doing WW.

I tallied up the amount of steps during our 15 days on vacation and I walked over 170,000 steps.  I will tell you what, I couldn’t have done that back when I weighed 304 pounds!




It also gets me energized to get back into activity and increase my stamina.  I do miss daily activity.  September was a good month for being active despite it being a low month for weight loss.
Eventually, it all evens out in the end.  This vacation was the mental break I needed to re-focus and re-motivate.  This time of year is difficult for weight loss between my birthday and the holidays.  But, I am still really looking forward to that celebration when I re-claim my 100 pounds lost and get back under 200 pounds.  I know I’m moving at a snail’s pace and I’m having to re-lose time and time again.  I will get there…eventually!

No comments: