9/2/18

One More Shift Until VACATION!!!



 


There is so much excitement I can hardly contain myself.  But, there is also a lot of nerves.  I’ve never traveled outside the country except for visiting Canada.  I’m nervous about the long flight and if I’ll be able to sleep on the plane.  I’m nervous about navigating an airport in a foreign city.  I’m nervous about taking the train from Basel to Munich and what if we get on the wrong train or miss our train all together?  Oh man…so much going on inside my head!  I’m thankful I’ll have Kenyon with me and I won’t be navigating it alone.  And, if we run into any major snags, we have our travel agent and her travel partner available to help us out.  Whew.  I’m not sure I’ll sleep at all Monday night (maybe that means then I’ll sleep on the plane??)

I did one last round of practice packing, which means I actually packed because it is all still laid out on the bed in the spare bedroom.  I will be using the packing cubes, which didn’t provide a ton of more space but I do like it better.  I’ll spot-check my packing list one last time as I put it all back into my suitcase.  After that, we just buy anything we left at home overseas.  As long as I have Kenyon, my passport, my daily prescriptions, a cell phone, and some money/credit cards, I’m good to go!

 


We received work from Viking that the water levels in Europe are low.  We knew this could happen and they are going to take it day-by-day.  We are planning to stay flexible and as positive as possible.  Considering we have never been to Europe or on a Viking River Cruise, we don’t have any pre-conceived notions.  From what I hear, Viking is used to these types of issues/delays and is working ahead to find a fix.  That could mean an alternative port and/or being bussed to a location.  It could also mean being packed up and ready to go so we can change to a sister ship that can continue our journey down The Rhine.  I guess this why carry-on only packing also appealed to us.  We are ready to go at a moment’s notice.

We are keeping our fingers and toes crossed and from what Viking says, every day and every drop of rain can make a difference.  As our travel agent said, “pray to the travel Gods and hope for the best.”

No comments: