9/28/18

Weekly WI: Hanging On

My weekly WI went exactly as I had hoped. At the start of this year, I made a goal to be lighter by Europe. It was quite the year and even in those last few weeks, I was kicking myself for not having more of a buffer before vacation.

My last WI before vacation I dipped into the 218s. I was allowing myself to gain on vacation but that made my buffer only 1 pound. If I gained more than 1 pound, I would be back in the 220s. I really wasn't sure how the scale number would play out and I did my very best getting back on track Thursday when we returned home. 

I drove to my meeting Tuesday mentally preparing myself for a gain and continuing to stay positive as I'd get right to work on tacking it back off. Sure, I was going to be bummed if I was back in the 220s but there wasn't anything else I could do in that moment. 

I stepped on the scale...219.8!!! After 15 days in Europe, I gained 1.0 pounds. WhoooHoooo. I was still in the 2-teens. That was the best part. It made me feel twice as energzied.

As I posted yesterday, I have my sights sets on reclaiming my 100 pounds lost. I am also about to turn 39 in less than a month. I would really like to be under 200 next year for my 40thbirthday. That is asking a lot since I haven't been able to draw big numbers at the scale each week. But, with each 0.2 pounds that comes off and stays off, it gets me that much closer to my vision.

My monthly total for September was +0.2. That is okay. I'll take it. This time last year we returned from our NYC/New England vacation and I proceeding to pack on 10 pounds that took me all of this last year to take off. I am tried of moving forwards only to get knocked back. I'm going to stay focused and work really hard on just moving forward.


Vacation was the mental break I needed to re-focus. I am also feeling energized with the change in the season and a change-up with my coworkers at work. I won't be changing shifts/days off but I'll be working with a team mates so that helps energize me too.

Here we go.....

No comments: