9/29/18

"Weekend" Fun & Festivities


I’m blogging a bit late today but since I’m working the 10am-8pm shift, I guess it all works out.  It has been a busy day at work.  I wasn’t quite ready to return but luckily, I’m only working Saturday and Sunday.  On Monday, I am off to Coeur d’ Alene for a work conference, the annual PSAP Seminar, for a few days.  I’ll be home for a few days and then we have our couples trip to Las Vegas with Phoenix and her boyfriend Stacey. 
There is lots of fun on the agenda.
I always have so much fun on my weekends that it is really difficult to return to work.  Tuesday was my WW meeting, a visit with my friend Jenny Ware during her son’s football game, and a walk with Phoneix in the park.  I filled all three circles on my Apple Watch Activity tracker that day.
Wednesday I met up with Rebecca for lunch and later that evening, Kenyon and I met up with my coworker, Jamiee, for dinner and a drink at Enrique’s in Kuna.  I had not been to their new location and my is it fancy.  We really enjoyed our visit and our tableside guacamole.  It is so delicious there.
Thursday was my return to the gym for a kickboxing class.  It felt really good but it was also really tough.  I could tell it had been a while and I’m still feeling the sore muscles.  Kenyon and I ran some errands and then we met up with Kelsey and Julie at The Farmstead.  We got season passes on the Black Friday sale so I look forward to many days of fun at the corn maze.  They also have other activities the engage in so I don’t feel we have to do it all every time we go.



I took Friday off and that evening, Phoenix, Kiki, and I went to see Keith Urban in concert.  We got to Boise State a bit early so we could grab dinner.  The wait time at all the sit down restaurants was too long so we walked over to the new Albertson’s on Broadway. 

They now have a restaurant/bar in the upper part of the store.  The beer tap is mighty large and the food was good but service was really slow.  We barely made it into the concert venue before it started.  Keith Urban can put on quite a show and we had a really great time.  He is very engaging with his audience and he even gave away a guitar.  I’m not a big fan but I did enjoy the show.
 


I ordered the new Apple Watch 4 as I am very ready for an upgrade.  I have one of the original models so it is time.  I also got some Apple Air Pod headphones, which I love!  I am so excited for my watch to arrive so I can go for walks without having to take my phone with me.  Also, the guy at the ATT Store said there is no other way to take a phone call than to use the Air Pods.  It has been nice to clean up the kitchen or prepare a meal while watching a show.  I had a pair of wireless headphone a while back but they broke and I never replaced them.  It sure is nice to be cord free!


Whew.  I was a Busy Bee on my weekend and the rest of this month will be no exception.  I really love making the most of my days off.

No comments: