2/26/20

Mid-Week Check-In

I had an enjoyable day yesterday visiting with my Mom, Dad, and Aunt Barb on our trip to Jackpot to visit my sister Jenny.  We met early…which meant for little sleep but I managed to push through.  We had breakfast at Sunrise Cafe, grabbed some coffee at Human Bean, and arrived in Jackpot just after 11 a.m.

I wanted to sign up for the players club since Kenyon and I spending the night at Cactus Pete’s in March as a mini anniversary trip.  They were offered $5 in free play for joining and then after I joined, Barb noticed a sign that had a refer a friend $10 promotion.  So, one-by-one, Mom, Dad, and Barb were my friend referral and I earned $30 more dollars in free play. 

Now, I wish I could say I came home a winner.  I had a bit win and then go over confident expecting to win again so I lost.  BOOOO!  The downside to gambling!  We had lunch in the Desert Room.  My Mom got the Ruben sandwich which was amazing.  I wished I had got that instead of the burger.

On our trip home, I noticed I still had a cash voucher in my purse.  Whoops!  Good thing we are headed back in March.

We planned to stop by a winery in Glenns Ferry on our drive home but it was closed on Tuesdays.  We also didn’t have any alcoholic beverages at Cactus Pete’s since it was a turn-around trip.  The WW Gods were looking our for us!  Mom packed some zero point snacks too.  So, all in all, a high point day but pretty low key on the splurging.

As for the rest of today, I have a hair appointment and am in desperate need to cut this bulky hair back and then I think I’ll go into my parent’s house this evening for dinner.  I got my workout in this morning so that is checked off the list.  I’m nearing the end of February and working hard to earn my Apple Watch Award.


Have a great Wednesday.

No comments: