2/18/20

Weekly WI: A Nasty Gain

I woke up feeling good and light so I decided to weigh in. Welp, I gained 3.5 pounds on vacation. Dang it!! That sucks and was unexpected even though it was to be expected. 



I’m now 5 pounds from reclaiming my 100 pounds. This really sucks but I’m determined to make sure this gain is just temporary and I do that by earning my blue dots this week.

We had a great workshop topic about Non-Scale Victories. 



I have a lot of NSV’s to celebrate this week, despite a vacation gain:

  • The scale didn’t show me how good I felt fitting into the seats at the amusement parks
  • The scale didn’t show how the seatbelt on the airplane still buckles
  • The scale didn’t show that I had to pull out my summer capris since we were going to warmer weather and I didn’t have to worry if they would fit
  • The scale didn’t show the many times I was mindful with my eating
  • The scale didn’t show the miles and miles we walked on our vacation

I always like to look at the positive. I hate being in a negative mind space. Yes I had a large game this week after an unexpected game two weeks ago. When I look back at my weight record I see that I’m down 5.6 pounds from last year. 




There is always positives out there even if you have to dig deep to look for them. I’ve got so many NSV’s and while I do need the scale to help keep me accountable, it’s never the end all be all of this journey.

No comments: