2/2/20

Super Bowl Sunday & Goundhog Day

Happy Super Bowl Sunday AND Groundhog Day!!



I am not a football fan.  I am merely a “score watcher” and if the game is tight, I can really get into it the last few minutes of the game.  But, I’ve always been down for a good party and Super Bowl Sunday always has good parties.  We are having a party at work and I was thinking ahead in offering to bring zero point chili!  So I’m all set for a blue-dot-earning points-friendly day.  I even packed a Built Bar for “dessert” as well as some strawberries and fat free cottage cheese so I have options.  I have 4 DSPA left and so I’ll probably have some tortilla chips.  I love tortilla chips.

Speaking of Built Bars…I left mine at HOME yesterday.  EPIC FAIL.  I debated making a trip back home to pick it up or waiting until 3am to try out the new flavor.  I white knuckled through my work shift and enjoyed every bite of the peanut butter brownie when I got home.  It takes the peanut butter to the next level and is really, really, similar to a dessert/candy bar.  This bar as well as the coconut almond are really candy bar like.  They might be my two favorite, although I do like the regular peanut butter too.  I’m trying to finish eating up the orange and caramel, which I ordered back in September.

Okay…back to football!  Even tough I am not a fan of the game, I am 100% loyal and I’m stoked Kansas City Chiefs are in the big game today.  I have family in KC and Lebanon and I’m rooting for the Chiefs today.  I’m even going to wear my red polo to work.



We aren’t able to wear jeans in dispatch as much as we used to so I’m bummed we won’t have a dress-down comfy day to go with our party.  I’m hoping for a quick shift tonight as I am on Day 3 of 6.

And…it’s Groundhog Day!  Word is P-Phil (that is what I like to call him) didn’t see his shadow so we are in for an early spring.  I can believe that in Boise since we have had a very mild winter.  Don’t be surprise though to get a spring winter storm.  That is the norm here.



I noticed on Facebook from the year I’ve posted about the groundhog predictions that they seem to flip-flop every other year.  Interesting.  I’ve always been skeptical of this system so this confirms it.  I should do the meteorological predictions and earn an extra income.


Happy Sunday!

No comments: