6/12/20

Feeling All Sorts Of Out Of Whack

It has been a rough few days.


I have been really struggling with some life situations that are causing stress and keeps my mind moving a mile a minute.  If you’ve not been hiding under a rock, you know that most of the world right now hates the police.  




Well, I am the police.


Law Enforcement and Corrections has been half of my life thus far.  It is also the career that will take me through the next 16 years to retirement.  The hatred towards police has been weighing heavy on me.  I try to push past it.  I try to understand all opinions.  At the end of the day, it wears me out and tears me down.  


I took a nice long walk yesterday which helped me feel a little better.  Since my world is so off balance right now, I am also struggling in the WW department.  I have eaten and drank my stress several times this week.  Either due to stress or due to stress release.  I am feeling a bit deflated today.


I have spent a good chuck of my day to meal planning and prep.  I have breakfast, lunch, and dinner all planned out for my three days of work this week.  I will also be able to get into my office, which will hopefully help ease some of the stress of feeling behind in my supervisory duties.  


I have been planning some food options for our mini-Girls Weekend in McCall next week.  The stress of eating off plan and alcohol with my weight so close to 200 again is also stressful.  I’ve already talked myself out of many possible splurges as I know that even though we are going out of town and I am craving some sort of fun, I don’t need all these tempting snacks around.  


Alcohol + Tempting Snacks = Mindless Eating.


I know in a day or two I’ll be feeling better about my WW Program.  Being on track is always the best first step!

No comments: