3/30/18

Lots Of Random Thoughts For Friday


This was a short week and yet it felt so long!  I’m super stoked the weather is warming up and we are expected to be in the 60s this week.  Hello Spring.  I’ve missed you.

I’ve been seeing a lot of weight loss motivation through Weight Watcher Connect and Instagram.  My Mom is still having wonderful success with her weight loss too.  I’m so happy for all of those people but it is also hard not to compare your own weight loss.  I’ve had to start seeking different perspectives so I can keep myself motivated. 


 I had a Facebook memory pop up the other day that said one year ago I was celebrating 20 pounds of regain weight “gone again forever.”  I looked back at my weight record for March 2017 and my weight was 233.0.  I was also reminded that I had gained weight after our New York/New England vacation and I’m finally just now getting all that excess weight back off.  Before vacation, I had gotten down to 222.0 and when we returned from vacation, my weight was up to 231.6.  My weight last week was 222.8.  While I am currently down an additional 10.2 pounds from a year ago, which is awesome, I feel like I’ve worked extra hard over the last year to re-lose weight several times.

Isn’t that how it can feel?  Like you are taking a few steps forward and then a few steps back?  That is why it is easy for me to get depressed when I compare my success to another.  And why I should do it.  But I am human and I do.

I can so very clearly see how I’ll celebrate reaching my 100 pounds lost milestone again and getting back into Onderland (when your weight is below 200 pounds).  I have to keep focused on that feeling of sweet victory and I have to keep my spirits up.

I also want to explore other WW meetings times, days, groups, and leaders in my area.  I will step on the scale at home on Monday but I am seriously considering waiting to do my official WI next Friday morning (I have the day off).  I really want to see a nice size loss on the scale.  And, I really like morning WIs so you don’t have to worry about your food/water intake throughout the day.  I’ll have to just wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don’t give up. You’ve done this before, and you can do it again. I feel the depression, yet not resignation in your post. You will not give up!

One thing I had to come to terms with is that this is the way I’ll have to eat the rest of my life. Because when I stop, even for a day, it’s a downward spiral. One day leads to another, then another. I’m 65, and at this point in my life it’s about health. If I don’t lose another pound, I know that the more protein, less saturated fat and less sugar I eat is the road to health. WW really nailed it.

One weight loss blog that is very motivating is Sean Anderson’s Daily Diary of a Daily Loser (I hope I got that title right). Sean anderson has a Facebook page too and you can friend him and read his posts.

Don’t give up! You can do this!