3/3/18

Peek At The Scale & Keeping The Focus


I peeked at the scale today.  Partly it was to see how the week was going and partly it was to experiment to see how much of an impact extra food/calories/points have on the number a few day before WI.
As I shared earlier in the week, I believe my gain was temporary because I consumed higher points/ate out on both Saturday and Sunday.  When I got on the scale yesterday morning, all but 0.2 of my gain has fallen off.  This made me really happy and also is helping me to focus as I head into the weekend.
My supervisor gave me a head up that we were have a pizza party in dispatch on Friday.  This was a reward from a fun morale boosting game we played for several months.  I am often the one that says “no thank you” to food and eating out when I am at work.  I wanted to be a team player so I started looking up points for pizza.  She wasn’t sure what place she would order from so I had planned on 11 points for once slice of pizza, which was listed for one slice of a large size Hawaiian at Dominos.  I planned around that and added a salad from home.  I also balanced the rest of my food for the shift so I still earned my blue dot.
 

Since I have social situations planned this weekend, food/alcohol at Old Chicago on Saturday and my annual Academy Awards Party on Sunday, I am curious on the impact on the scale.  I won’t be doing my weekly WI until Tuesday next week so I am planning to get on the scale at home both Monday and Tuesday.  I’ll compare the results from my Friday weigh-in and see what difference a day makes in relation to official weigh-in.
I do plan to keep it in check this weekend.  When I first stepped on the scale and it was coming up to the correct digital number, I saw a brief flash of 217 and got really excited.  It is going to be completely crappy to get into the 2-teens right before we leave for our Vegas vacation.  But, boy will it be nice!
I saw my Jamberry consultant on Wednesday when I picked up some stuff at her house.  She commented that it looked like I had lost more weight.  Sometimes it is hard to tell but I know I can feel it in my clothes.  And, I feel so much better overall when I am eating on track.

No comments: